NeilMed is looking for a keen, self-motivated individual who would like to join our team of professionals in the role of Purchasing Assistant. We invite you to support NeilMed’s growth in this area of our business reporting to the V.P. of Quality/Regulatory. The candidate will have excellent Excel and Microsoft Office skills and hold a Bachelor's Degree.
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for maintaining the Company’s raw material and supply inventory levels to ensure uninterrupted production by negotiating and communicating with vendors and working with Production and Quality Management to ensure all materials for new and existing products meet NeilMed’s specifications at the best cost.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS: NeilMed is willing to match your current company’s salary program, which would include:
10% Salary Increase
Flexible Working Hours
At least 1 week's vacation
3 Sick days per year
6 Paid Holidays
• Monitor weekly inventory report and prepare needed purchase orders to ensure needed levels of SKUs will be met based on sales activity, sampling programs and lead times from vendors. Obtain approval from Quality/Production, Finance and the CEO on all purchase orders.
• Communicate with vendors from the time of placing the purchase order until order confirmation and ensure timely delivery for production. Provide updates and status daily through purchase order tracker in order to allow departments to track progress within the NetSuite system.
• Follow up with the graphics department to ensure vendors have the necessary approved art work in advance of the vendors’ planned production requirements to avoid any production delays.
• Develop material specifications with the assistance of Manufacturing and vendors.
• Lead efforts for supplier sourcing, qualifying, analysis and selection process for both existing SKUs and new components.
• Obtain non-disclosure agreements, quality assurance documents and indemnification agreements from vendors to ensure NeilMed's competitive advantage and ownership propritetiry designs.
• Obtain approval from CFO for vendor payment terms and credit limits.
• Obtain competitive bids for the transport of raw materials from overseas as well as domestic suppliers to ensure the lowest cost of transport with the best reliability.
• Assist in the sourcing of services and parts related to production activities and the maintenance of equipment.
• Address and resolve slow moving or obsolete inventory of raw materials to minimize the costs.
• Assist in the physical inventory counts to resolve and minimize inventory adjustments.
• Perform other responsibilities as requested by company management.