We are looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for our company.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS: NeilMed is willing to match your current company’s salary program, which would include:
10% Salary Increase
Flexible Working Hours
2 weeks vacation
3 Sick days per year
6 Paid Holidays
• Maintain Fixed Asset sub-ledger system for all asset additions and disposals.
• Prepare various journal entries such as Fixed Asset depreciation, accruals, inter-company eliminations and other adjustments to fairly represent the monthly financial results of the Company.
• Review weekly expenses of international offices, compare to budget and obtain CEO’s approval.
• Review weekly A/P Checks to ensure proper Sales Tax and Discounts have been applied.
• Review journal entries for international entities to ensure consistency with Company policies and appropriate supporting documentation.
• Prepare monthly financial statements for international entities or subsidiaries.
• Analyze the monthly financial statement results and provide explanations for any unusual items or variances.
• Record monthly credit card activity through journal entries.
• Prepare Sales/GST/VAT Tax filings for NeilMed and related entities.
• Review Broker Commission payment calculations for accuracy.
• Assist in the preparation of year-end work papers for the Financial Audit and assist in year-end Physical Inventory Count & Observation.
• Complete the annual personal and real property tax filings for all entities.
• Prepare analyzes of various expense categories including shipping costs, etc. for management review.
• Assist in the development of accounting and financial policies and procedures to ensure the efficient financial operations of the organization and ensure compliance with applicable accounting and financial standards.
• Complete adhoc requests and projects as assigned.